What is DTCM?
Dubai Governments Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) is the principal authority for the planning, supervision, development and marketing of Dubai’s tourism sector. It markets and promotes the Emirate’s commerce sector, and is responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services, including hotels, tour operators and travel agents. Brands and departments within theDTCM portfolio include Dubai Convention and Events Bureau, Dubai Calendar, and Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (formerly known as Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment). In addition to its headquarters in Dubai, DTCM operates 20 offices worldwide.
What is Marketways Arabia’s role in this?
We, Marketways Arabia, are the designated partner to DTCM for this initiative and our role is in all this is to coordinate with you to develop an exciting deal portfolio for Dubai tourists, which will be mutually beneficial to you and to DTCM. We are readily available to support you on DTCM’s behalf.
What is the ‘Deal Partnership with DTCM’?
Every city and tourist destination is competing with several other global destinations to enhance a tourist’s travel experience. Within each city there are thousands of possible shopping, dining and entertainment options. DTCM is providing an opportunity for merchants to participate in a deals partnership, which will showcase their establishment by making offers to travellers to Dubai, creating a unique experience for them. To accomplish this, DTCM has taken bold new steps to attract visitors to Dubai through its newly released website, which is full of exciting features (www.visitdubai.com)
Why be a part of this venture?
By engaging in this venture, you can expect the following benefits:
- Increased visibility on a global level for your establishment on the Dubai Tourism website
- Higher volumes of traffic as travellers redeem your offers
- Higher spend as travellers redeem your offers
- Association with Dubai Tourism’s national agenda for tourism and events.
Who all are participating in it?
- Any merchant who has a product/service to offer, which can be of interest to the tourist travelling to Dubai.
- To check some of the deals which have gone live, please follow the link: http://www.visitdubai.com/en/deals-and-offers/directory
Are there any charges to participate?
What is the requirements to participate?
- In order to participate, all you need to do is come up with a unique and exclusive deal (as in not repeated/advertised elsewhere).
- The deal should also be more attractive than any other you are offering elsewhere and it should be tourist oriented
- You have the choice of doing single/multiple deals
- You should have a functional website, in order for tourists to research your establishment online.
How do I send the offer?
- All the details of the deal/deals should be sent to us through the Merchant deal form, duly filled in signed and stamped.
- The Merchant deal form can be found as an attachment with the first mail you received from us.
– For assistance in filling the form please contact us for a sample form.
- For getting the longitude and latitude for your venue of redemption, we suggest using Google maps. Enter the address of the redemption venue in the search bar. Right click on the red pin that denotes your location and select what’s here, which will provide the longitude and latitude of the venue.
- Additionally, we will require a High Resolution image with the minimum specification of 1500 x 495 pixels.
– Please refer to the below mentioned guidelines (as per DTCM) for the images:
- No Alcohol
- No women in swimsuits or Bikinis
- No revealing or transparent cloth including bare shoulder or cleavage.
- No wine glasses
- No bare-chested men
- No Smoking or Shisha
- No soles of feet
- No belly dancers
- No ink Tattoos (henna is allowed)
- Promoting safety at all-time for e.g. Wearing seatbelts in cars, wearing helmet on motorbikes, no pictures of children in dangerous positions in swimming pools or in sea.
How long does it take for the deal to go live?
How does a visitor redeem the deal?
How is my deal going to be promoted?
- DTCM will be advertising the deal through visa issuing offices, embassies, in-flight flyers, and through various other Digital Media.
- DTCM’s Deal website will be the first to appear on any web-search engine for relevant search key words.
- Your deal will be translated by DTCM in 6 different languages (Arabic, Russian, French, German, Chinese) to target tourists from different countries, offering a high level of Customization.